Call Uplifted: 07984 646139
Mail us: firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest estimates from the Labour Force Survey (LFS) show:
- The total number of cases of work related stress, depression or anxiety in 2014/15 was 440,000 cases, a prevalence rate of 1380 per 100,000 workers
- The total number of working days lost to this condition in 2014/15 was 9.9 million days. This equated to an average of 23 days lost per case
- In 2014/15 stress accounted for 35% of all work related ill health cases and 43% of all working days lost due to ill health
- The main factors cited by respondents as causing work related stress, depression or anxiety were workload pressures, including too much responsibility and lack of managerial support.
*"Creating a Healthy Workplace. A guide for occupational safety and health professionals and employers
Faculty of Public Health 2006, Faculty of Occupational Medicine.
Endorsed by British Polythene Industries plc, Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, Confederation of British Industry, Engineering Employers Federation, the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health, the Royal College of General Practitioners, the Royal College of Physicians, London, the Royal Society for the Promotion of Health, Stadco and the Trades Union Congress
The workplace has a powerful effect on the wellbeing and mental health of employees. Health affects productivity.
Evidence shows that, when organisations proactively improve their working environments and promote health, all adverse health-related outcomes, including absence and injuries, decrease.
This makes a strong business case for creating a healthy workplace.* The Goverment's Health, Work and Wellbeing strategy encourages and supports employers in initiatives to improve the health and wellbeing of working age people.
Benefits of a Healthy Uplifted workplace
- Improved productivity and performance
- Reduced absenteeism and costs associated with ill health
- Fewer injuries, accidents and insurance and compensation claims
- Improved employee morale and staff retention
- Employees more receptive to and better able to cope with change
- Enhanced business reputation and corporate responsibility
"Everybody gets to participate and have their input"
"Excellent rapport with the group and very interactive"
"Very fun and creative"
"Good Team work"
"Energetic morning - it was just like playing!"
"Sarah and the team are amazing, such a wealth of experience and knowledge to share. I would highly recommend this organisation - the recent ASIST training delivered by Sarah and Nick was excellent! They offer such a variety of training at Uplifted Wellbeing, I look forward to attending more training in the future. Well done guys!"
- Natalie Davies